In order to start working as au pair, an agency that offers this type of service must be contacted. Generally, they ask interested young girls for a payment to subscribe and get a host family who will provide a home for a time period.
When searching for an au pair agency, it is advisable to verify it belongs to the International Au-Pair Association (http://www.iapa.org/), for easier procedures and less complications during young girls’ sojourn in the corresponding country.
Au pair agencies are not only responsible for providing each registered au pair with a family, but also for managing all necessary steps and visas. Thus, interested girls must pay a certain amount of money.
In most European countries, families ask for young European au pairs, so Latin Americans are excluded from providing this service. However, some countries like Spain and Germany have no objections in hosting young Latin Americans, as long as they know the language spoken in the country where they are planning to live.
In the case of Latin American girls who want to work as au pairs, they have a greater chance to get this kind of job in the United States, where this cultural exchange program has also been successful.
If you are interested in immigrating to another country to work in domestic chores, especially babysitting, and learn other customs, next we will provide you with information about au pair career websites all around the world:
– KIOKS (http://www.kiosk.com.co/AU-PAIR/): this website offers study programs in the United States, which include the Au Pair in America Program, aimed at people with babysitting experience, or pre-school education studies.
– APNI (http://www.apni.co.uk/): this website specializes in au pairs and nannies who want to work in England.
– Au-pair Search (http://www.aupairsearch.com): this is an au pair career website aimed at young girls who want to work in European countries such as Spain, France, England, Italy, Portugal and Germany. Registration is free, but 49 dollars must be paid later to receive information to contact families interested in hiring an au pair girl.
– Great Au Pair (http://www.greataupair.com/): this international employment agency offers au pair services Since 2001, it has placed more than one million girls with European, Australian and North American (Canada and the United States) families. Registration is free.
– Vete (http://www.vete.com.mx/au-pair/aupair.php): this Mexican website offers programs to travel, work and live overseas.
– Learn 4 Good (http://www.learn4good.com): this online career website offers employment in Australia, Canada, the Unites States and England. One of its categories is dedicated to au pair jobs.
– Easy Expat (http://www.easyexpat.com/): this website offers information about au pair career agencies and websites in London (England).
– Au Pair Spain (http://www.aupairspain.com/): this Spanish agency offers au pair services to families in Spain; it is aimed at girls from other European countries.